Holistic Faith

Christian Weight Loss (How to Start Losing Weight With The Power of God)


Matthew 11:28-30 NIV “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

 

As we go through life we are exposed to many facts and a lot more fiction.  It is often hard to tell the difference.  For example, what foods are we supposed to eat?  There are lots of theories out there.  I always figured I could eat and drink what I wanted (in moderation) and I would be fine as long it was balanced around the prescribed food groups.  In the past, giving-up small food pleasures was impossible for me (my work nickname was “The Locust” because I ate everything in my path!).  The thought of going to a restrictive diet seemed implausible.  However, last January I was diagnosed prediabetic.  Combine that with the Lenten season and a faith-based book on the topic of a low-carb diet and fasting and I decided to take a leap out of my dietary comfort zone.  Initially it was difficult, but I persisted and soon started to really enjoy my new food choices.  As I began to feel better and my health improved, it made sense to stay the course indefinitely.

 

Jesus humbled himself to be one of us, showed us miracles, taught us the truth and died for our sins.  Still, we struggle to follow his way because society keeps telling us lies.  Our faith walk leads us down the right path, yet we hold back from completely changing our appetite away from worldly temptations because we think we can’t “do without”.  We pick things from the menu that the Bible tells us are hurtful or a waste of time, but we let society tell us it is good or OK.  We are content to make small changes as we grow in faith but often we avoid trusting God to help us take bigger steps.  When will we really believe that he will give us rest and that his yoke is easy?  What keeps us from going all in?

 

Jesus, help me to get out of my worldly comfort zone.  You have cleared the way for me.  Help me trust you more and to take a leap of faith.


Adam Zakarian

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Fall Asleep

The Cry of Our Souls

Dinner Conversations